A week ago, I woke up to a layer of snow on the ground for the first time this winter. The first question in my mind was whether or not we’d have a snow day (Teachers love those too). The second was which hat I would wear.
Hats are my favorite things to knit. I have several that I’ve made, and my motto is Knitted hats are my love language. Seriously, it’s on my Instagram profile. Most of the people I love have a hat that I’ve made for them. This easy chunky knit hat pattern is what I usually make.
If you’re new to knitting in the round, this is a great project to start with. As a more experienced knitter, I love this pattern that I’ve developed because I can knit it from memory now. It’s so easy to keep my hands busy while watching a movie or riding shotgun on a road trip. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Easy Chunky Knit Hat with Pom Pom
This hat pattern is available as a Ravelry download.
- 1 skein chunky yarn (I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Black.)
- Size 15 circular needles, 16″
- Size 15 double pointed needles
- stitch marker
- medium-sized crochet hook to weave in ends
- 3 yards each of 2 colors of chunky yarn or 6 yards of 1 color
- Pom Pom maker (DIY below)
Let me know if you decide to make this chunky knit hat! I would love to see photos. You can download the pattern on Ravelry here!