This kid is going to be well-outfitted in hats and booties. It will snuggle up in handmade blankets and cuddle one-of-a-kind plush animals. It will have sweaters to bundle up in during the winter. And it will take its naps in this cozy crochet sleep sack.
This sleep sack is designed to leave the baby room to grow. It is crocheted in the round, and the top few inches utilize alternating double crochet with front post double crochet. This creates ribbing, which can be folded down until the baby is long enough to fill out the whole sack.
The finished length is 15 inches, and the width at the middle is 10 inches.
I’m so excited to meet this little baby and see it sleep soundly in this crochet sleep sack. If you have a baby in your life, this may just be the perfect gift!
Chunky Crochet Baby Sleep Sack*
- crochet hook, size L
- 1 skein chunky yarn (I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Denim.)
- smaller crochet hook, to weave in ends
Crochet Terms and Abbreviations
- Row 1: Begin with a magic circle, ch 3, dc 12, connect with a slip stitch, ch 3
- Row 2: 2 dc in each stitch, connect with a slip stitch, ch 3 (24 stitches)
- Row 3: dc, 2 dc, repeat to end, connect with a slip stitch, ch 3 (36)
- Rows 4-25: dc in each stitch, connect with a slip stitch, ch 3
- Row 26: dc, fpdc, repeat to end, connect with a slip stitch, ch 3
- Row 27: dc, fpdc, repeat to end, connect with a slip stitch, tie off the end by making a slip knot, cutting the yarn, and pulling the tail through the slip knot. Weave in ends using the smaller crochet hook.
*Please do not leave baby unattended in the sleep sack.
I can’t wait to gift this sleep sack to my loved one and their upcoming little nugget, to see them all snuggled up in it.
If you make this sleep sack, I would love to see photos! You can check out the pattern on Ravelry here. And as always, if you have any questions, leave them in the comments!
Need other knitting or crochet projects? Check these out: