School’s out, which means that summer is here! I’m craving simple and refreshing combinations of garden vegetables. This simple summer salad fills that craving perfectly.
I’ve been enjoying this salad as a mid-afternoon snack, and I love it because it’s quick and easy to make. I can buy two of the four ingredients at my local farmer’s market, and the protein-rich chickpeas help me feel full.
I usually eat five small meals a day, and this is perfect to help me make it to dinner. It’s also a great side with any protein dish.
Simple Summer Salad Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings as a side
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup Annie’s Homegrown Tuscany Italian Dressing (gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free)
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Chop the cucumber and tomato.
- Combine the chickpeas, cucumber, and tomato with the Italian dressing.
- Enjoy! Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
What simple recipes do you love for summer vegetables?